India » Gujarat » Valsad Distt » Vapi
News around Vapi
October 13, 2017 22:42:50 IST
Ahead of HP polls, ED attaches Rs 5.6 cr assets of Virbhadra's familyThe Enforcement Directorate on Friday attached assets worth Rs 5.6 crore in connection with its money laundering probe against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his family, a day after the Election Commission announced dates for the forthcoming assembly polls in his state. The central probe agency said the assets, both movable and immovable, are in the name of the chief minister's son Vikramaditya Singh, daughter Aprajita Singh and wife Pratibha Singh. The Enforcement ...
Rs 1.14 crore belonging to RTO looted at gun point in GujaratRs 1.14 crore belonging to the Regional Transport Office was looted at gun point at Bhilad town in Valsad district today morning when officials were taking the cash to a bank in a jeep for depositing it.The jeep was intercepted by unidentified men who were in ...
Meet India's 'barefoot' lawyers!Geetanjali Krishna looks at how one organisation’s unique idea is helping marginalised communities to gain legal access. IMAGE: Namati trains selected local stakeholders to become ‘barefoot lawyers’ who can understand, use and shape the laws that affect them. Photograph: Kind courtesy Namati In the relentless march towards development, disempowered tribal people, fishermen and forest dwellers often find their homes and livelihoods endangered by industries, ports, roads ...
Why I support Modi's bullet trainThe critics of Prime Minister Modi’s latest project are not looking at the future but living in the past, says Syed Firdaus Ashraf. Illustration: Dominic Xavier/Rediff.com. When Rediff.com began its operations in December 1995, my father told me I was making a big mistake by joining this “computer company" (he didn’t know what the Internet was then, like most Indians). The reason? “Who reads news on computers?” “In India people don’t ...
Why India's pharma cos prefer Gujarat over tax havensGujarat has around 3,000 licensees for allopathic drug manufacturing, apart from around seven homeopathic licensees, 500 ayuvedic and 600-700 cosmetics licensees The Goods and Services Tax (GST) has proven to be a boon for the pharmaceutical industry in Gujarat, with a renewed interest among pharma companies to set up units here as the hilly states tax havens lose attractiveness. As per the local Food and Drug Control Administration (FDCA), they are handling 30-40 applications every week for ...
Biggest challenge facing the bullet train: 825 hectares of landOf the Rs 1.10 lakh crore investment required for the project, Japan is providing Rs 88,000 crore as a soft loan at 0.01 per cent interest. However, release of the Japanese funding is linked to land acquisition. Acquiring 825 hectares of land may become a major hurdle for the completing the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project by 2022. Experts said advancing the project’s deadline by a year to August 2022 may not be feasible considering the complex land acquisition process ...
Bullet train is an example of misplaced priority: Congress slams PM Narendra ModiThe Congress on 14 September slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the launch of the bullet train, saying that the latter is getting involved more in photo opportunity and is getting carried away from the important issues that need to be discussed with ...
Gujarat launches subsidised food scheme for construction workersAhmedabad: It's 6.30 a.m. and construction workers have started assembling near kadiyanakas (hiring points) in search of a job. But one is witness to an unusual scene: Their tiffin boxes are empty. The reason for this is the Shramik Annapoorna Yojana ...
Themis Medicare announces damages to inventory at its factory in VapiDue to flooding of factory premises
- Local News around Dadra, Vapi
- Local News around Udvada, Vapi
- Local News around Rata, Vapi
- Local News around Palsana, Vapi
- Local News around Dungra, Vapi
- Local News around Kalai, Vapi
- Local News around Salvav, Vapi
- Local News around Kalsar, Vapi
- Local News around Nahuli, Vapi
- Local News around Tighra, Vapi
- Local News around Orwad, Vapi
- Local News around Sarodhi, Vapi
- Local News around Eklara, Vapi
- Local News around Kikarla, Vapi
- Local News around Vadiyawad, Vapi
- Local News around Valavada, Vapi
- Local News around Mahavir Nagar, Vapi
- Local News around Vallabh Nagar, Vapi
- Local News around Ajit Nagar, Vapi
- Local News around Sneh Nagar, Vapi
- Local News around Chanod Colony, Vapi
- Local News around Saraswati Nagar, Vapi
- Local News around Mahadev Nagar, Vapi
- Local News around Jalaram Nagar, Vapi
- Local News around Harikrupa Nagar, Vapi
- Local News around Aarti Colony, Vapi
- Local News around Shree Nidhi Enclave, Vapi
- Local News around Alok Colony, Vapi