India » Jharkhand » Dhanbad Distt » Dhanbad
News around Dhanbad
December 12, 2017 21:19:01 IST
This Indian Coal Field Has Been Burning Continuously for Over 100 YearsOne of India’s largest coal reserves, the Jharia coalfield, situated in the Dhanbad district of Jharkhand, is the site of one of the longest-burning fires in the world. The area has been burning continuously for over 100 years.Mining in the Jharia ...
Das exudes happiness over school admitting 'divyang' girlJharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today expressed happiness over admission of a three-year-old 'divyang' (differently abled girl) in a school in Dhanbad who was previously turned away.Expressing happiness at Jitisha Khaitans admission, Das instructed the ...
Warrant against dead Ex-MLAIn a major goof-up, a lower court in Dhanbad has issued arrest warrant against former legislator Suryadeo Singh who passed away in 1991. Singh was named as an accused in a case filed against him at Jharia police station (then in undivided Bihar, but now in ...
Three IIT(ISM) students injured in accidentThree students of IIT (ISM) at Dhanbad have been injured when a speeding car collided with an auto-rickshaw carrying them, police said today.The accident took place at Memko roundabout here at 10.30 pm yesterday when the three first year students were ...
Nagaland girls find it 'two' toughThe BCCIs U-19 womens one-day super league match between Kerala and Nagaland ended in a farce on Friday as the North-Eastern state was shot out for just two runs. Electing to bat after winning the toss, Nagaland batswomen struggled for 17 overs before getting ...
The looming coal crisisCurrently, 23 power units with a cumulative capacity of 30,000 MW have super critical coal stock situation A lack of synchronised approach between the concerned ministries and power plants, has led to this crisis, says Shreya Jai. One of the major promises of the Bharatiya Janata Party government when it came to power in 2014 was to be ‘coal surplus’ by increasing production and improving supply. State-owned monopoly Coal India was given a tall target of 1 billion tonnes of coal ...
#10YearsOfOmShantiOm: How the industry needs to learn the lessons from this film’s successI can never forget November 9, 2007. It was the day Om Shanti Om was to release. There’s no way I’d not watch the film’s first day first show as it seemed like the event film of the year. When I realized that November 9 was a Diwali day and hence ...
Bowlers go nuts! 136 wide balls in one matchAn astounding 136 wide balls were bowled during a BCCI U-19 women's one-day match between Nagaland and Manipur played at Dhanbad on Wednesday. The match, which is a part of the inaugural Northeast-Bihar U-19 one-day competition being organised by the ...
One killed, 34 injured in bus-truck collisionOne pilgrim was killed and 34 others were injured when their Kolkata-bound bus hit a truck on the National Highway 2 (GT Road) in Giridih district early today, the police said.The passengers of the bus were returning to 24-Paraganas district in West Bengal ...
Manipur U 19 women 039 s cricket team leave ImphalThe U-19 Manipur womens cricket team have left Imphal to participate in the BCCI U-19 Zonal League Tournament which will be held at Dhanbad from November 1 to 9 . Chaoba, vice-president MCA, Peter, treasurer MCA, Binoy, joint secretary and other members of ...
No country for the poorThe Sensex soars. Statues of monstrous dimensions are commissioned. Villages are being electrified, we say. Everyone has a mobile phone. Enormous funds have been set aside to link roads, to link rivers, to ply a bullet train along a route which has regular ...
Nobody starved to death, says Jharkhand CM; suspends PDS officialJharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday denied that deaths in Simdega and Dhanbad were due to starvation.This comes after an 11-year-old girl died in Simdega and a 45-year-old man died in Dhanbad.Various reports suggested that the two deaths were result of starvation.Talking to ANI, Das said that these deaths have saddened the government, but it is not true that they died due to starvation."The investigation has revealed that ...
Jharkhand: Rickshaw puller starves to death in Dhanbad; authorities say he died of illnessThe death of a rickshaw puller at Jharia in Dhanbad has whipped up a fresh controversy after family members alleged that the man died of hunger while the district administration said it was due to a prolonged illness.
Light to moderate rainfall in many places in JharkhandMany places in Jharkhand received light to medium rainfall following a depression which now lay centred over Gangetic West Bengal and neighbouring areas.Maximum places in the state received light to medium rainfall, the Meteorological centre here said today, ...
Railways’ revised schedule effective from Nov 1, trains to speed upChennai: The revised time table of the Railways will come into effect from November 1. Several trains will speed up by 90 minutes in the new schedule. Thiruvananthapuram-Palakkad Amrita Express will be extended till Madurai. Kannur-Ernakulam Intercity Express ...
Woman, two children found murderedUnidentified assailants killed a woman and her two children by slitting their throats in Jharkhand's Dhanbad city, police said on Wednesday.
Shashi Shanker takes over as ONGC ChairmanA Petroleum Engineer from Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad, he also holds an MBA degree with specialisation in Finance
No toilet: Man refuses to visit in-laws' houseA man in Jharkhand has refused to visit the house of his in-laws as there is no toilet there.Pramod Kumar, a resident of Bhuli in Jharkhand's Dhanbad district, got married to a girl of Jogtiyabad village in Girididh district on April 15 this year.He wanted to ...
Coal ministry directs for fresh study of underground fireA team of mines and fire experts would conduct fresh study on the status of the underground fire in the Dhanbad-Chandrapur railway line in Dhanbad Division of East Central Railway.Ministry of coal has ordered Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS) to ...
- Local News around Hirapur, Dhanbad
- Local News around Bank More, Dhanbad
- Local News around Bishunpur, Dhanbad
- Local News around Gandhi Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Ashok Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Azad Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Jawahar Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Adarsh Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Bank Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Koyla Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Housing Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Shyam Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Dhaiya, Dhanbad
- Local News around Sanjay Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Teacher's Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Co Operative Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Vinod Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Jagjivan Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Karmik Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Babudih, Dhanbad
- Local News around Jharudih, Dhanbad
- Local News around Jaiprakash Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Jalan Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Sardar Patel Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Dompara, Dhanbad
- Local News around Anugrah Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Rahmatganj, Dhanbad
- Local News around Murli Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Shamsher Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Bccl Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Cmpf Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Susnilewa, Dhanbad
- Local News around Ccwo Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Wassepur, Dhanbad
- Local News around Neelanchal Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Sahyogi Nagar, Dhanbad
- Local News around Barmasia Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Cd Singh Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Dhaiyathakurkuli, Dhanbad
- Local News around Bhuda Colony, Dhanbad
- Local News around Bm Agarwalla Colony, Dhanbad